The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
XLN Audio Addictive Drums

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

One of the most versatile and HQ virtual drum kit with a very friendly interface.

10th February 2012

XLN Audio Addictive Drums by The J

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

I'm trying to achieve a perfect drum sound for 4 years now, needless to say, that I've tried ALL existing drum software.
Even now I still have BFD2 and EV drums, because I need a great variety of drum samples, but my Go-To library is AD.

In my AD bundle I have:
20 kick drums.
23 snare drums.
60+ toms
Hell of cymbals. I mean - HELL OF CYMBALS))
handclaps, clap stations, cowbells, tambourines, etc.

Personally, I use less than half of what I have, cuz some kitpieces are kinda similar.
As for cymbals - they sound very natural and sterling.
Kick - probably the sweatest part of AD - I've never heard so full and mellow sounding kick drum anywhere. May be just when I've been listening to some professional-high-quality-supermegaawesomazingly-mixed-record for a top-band:-)
But now I can hear it right after I push on kick-button. And I'm a very happy person.

Sound quality - here I'll give it 8, because I really dislike hi-hats and rides - overly recognizable sound.
Snares, kicks, cymbals, toms - nearly perfect, depends on your mixing skills.

As I said earlier - UI is very friendly, it's very simple and easy to find what you want to tweak and finally tweak it
How this drum kit looks - ... It looks awesome.

There we also have FXs like distortion (really good), reverbs (room, ambience, plate, hall) - also great, nice pitcher, etcetera.

Bang for the buck - here I'll give AD 9/10, because I still use other libraries to add hihats, rides and toms for layering.
But for ~300 bucks (Stock library + 2 ADpacks) - AD is the best you can buy, no matter what kind of music you are into.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... XLN Audio Addictive Drums
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search