2nd February 2012

PreSonus Inspire 1394 by zac damron

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
Inspire 1394 - Presonus

So, to start off, I'm pretty sure I got unlucky with this one and just got a bad Inspire. I didn't see too many complaints other than mine on the internet... but, for me anyways, it has been a mystery.

When I first got it, it was acting up a tad when trying to connect it to my Mac. The red light on it seemed to come on a lot and it wouldn't connect. Then it got worse and happened more and more and I would have to keep unpluging and plugging back in for it to work. Then I found that only one of the fir wire cable connections was working properly (maybe I was doing something wrong I don't know why there was two in the first place, I'm a bit of a noob sorry).

Then after a year of it being in the closet because I was sick and tired of it not working, I pulled it out and it worked just fine... no other factors changed. :\

Other than that it does what it's supposed to do. 2 RCA and 2 for guitar/keyboard on the front. Firewire, headphone and speaker connections on the back...

The sound... not sure if its it or my computer or what but definitely background noise. Pretty sure it got worse over time too.:/

So, it only costs about 100 bucks now... probably even cheaper, and now I know why.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Inspire 1394 - Presonus
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search