The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BBE D82 Sonic maximizer Plug-in

BBE Sound D82 Sonic Maximizer

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The virtual version of the original BBE Sonic Maximizer

30th January 2012

BBE Sound D82 Sonic Maximizer by Sim

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
BBE D82 Sonic maximizer Plug-in

The first time I used the BBE was the equivalent BBE version was my mates and he used in his guitar effects loop it just brought out a natural brightness and clarity in the low end unlike anything else with just two knobs. I don't have a clue how it works but to me the plugin pretty much sounds the same. It's fantastic and I use it in every mix and it will work on literally anything. But I use it mostly on guitars, it brings out the treble of a sm57 in fact just pair it with a 57 on any source and it usually gets good results. I'll use it toms which just sounds excellent and snares when you want to brighten them not crank the treble and ruin the attack. Works nicely.

So $129 is pretty steep? You can get the Harmonic maximizer and loudness maximizer for $149 and the Harmonic maximizer does literally whats on the tine great plug to. I highly recommend the BBE D82 other the waves aphex aural exciter. Also if you get the suite they included their stomp boxes which includes some fuzz's distortions and a chorus which sound really good. The Plug-in are actually made by nomad factory.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... BBE D82 Sonic maximizer Plug-in
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search