The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midas Pro2c

MIDAS PRO2C

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

An all in one solution sometimes arrives completely unexpected...

17th January 2012

MIDAS PRO2C by muziekschuur

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4

Today I visited the Ise 2012 in Ahoy Rotterdam. I met a tool wich can be compared to a swiss knife, a tool for all trades... The Midas R2c. It's a great package. And I'll start off with naming it's price here. It's around 16.000 euro's. This review will be about what an amazing deal this is.

I do admitt that 16.000 euro's is a considearable amount. But if you know what you get for your money you'll agree. And after a few days you'll be amazed that an A brand console manufacturer can create such a swiss army knife wich could create your next hit.

This package includes a flightcased console surface, two digital cables and a stageblock (without flightcase) with 24 Midas preamps. This is a cracking deal. Cause it can mix in stereo, QUAD LRCS and 5.1. It has compressors, gates, all sorts of connections like usb and GB-lan wich connects with the former SONY Oxford protocol AES50. Wich now is owned by Klark Teknik. The sistercompany from Midas. AES50 can scale up to DXD, so is very flexible and designed to be futureproof. Unlike Madi.

With this console you can record your latest cd, remix it so you have a 5.1. Bluray, use the console live, and comes with 24 respected preamps wich can be used by any AES50 protocol audiodevice over GB-lan. The unit is based around a linux OS and I cannot say enough about the unit. It is small enough to park in your house and use with a couple of monitors. It can be remote controlled by ipad (accespoint needed) So what monitorconsole? You just use in ear and pass the ipad along to finetune your pair of auxes...

Lynx audio has created a pci and pci-e AES50 audiocard so at home you connect this console to your DAW and you continue the rock 'n roll. Now if they only give you enough discount so allso the stagebox and two stagecables come boxed....

Go, discuss this with your band and grab this deal.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Midas Pro2c
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search