The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pigtronix Keymaster

Pigtronix Keymaster

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The Keymaster is used in the studio primarily for ReAmp applications.

16th January 2012

Pigtronix Keymaster by agent19

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Pigtronix Keymaster

The Keymaster converts balanced, line level signals from a mixing desk or computer I/O, into effects friendly levels and then returns the signal back to balanced output or buffered 1?4” outputs for a guitar amp or back into theboard or computer I/O.

Interfacing any audio source with instrument level “guitar” pedals and return the signal back to the proper impedance on its way back out of the a ReAmp box is what ReAmp boxes are build and designed to do. But the ability do this well, and to run the loops in series or blend them in parallel w is what sets the Keymaster apart from other Remap Boxes available today.
It has lead me to new sonic possibilities, ones that I wouldn't have thought of creating prior to adding the unit to my studio.

The box Is very well crafted and sturdy. All the switches, knobs, and jacks are of high quality make . It also sports a stylish look and cool font for it's great name. It's definitely a conversation piece in my studio.

It sounds great, and has the handy in and out boost pots on top of the box, I find this helpful when needing to dial in the input to Overdrive pedals that can shine with a bit more gain on the way in.

Using it beyond a ReAmp box, There's so much you can do, it's really up to what you can Imagine. For example I've done things like taking a guitar or bass signal out of teh box and into the KeyMaster , then Paralleling a Distressor and Sansamp unit, using Loop & B respectively. Then using the KeyMaster's "Crossfade" one can blend the the 2 effected signals to taste. One can also run the 2 loops in series, which,using above example can be very cool as well ("Nuke" the signal first, then apply the sans amp. or vice versa).
Of course my focus here is on the uses of the KeyMaster in the studio. But, for Guitar players and other instrumentalist who use effects pedals, the KeyMaster can take your pedal board to new levels as well. And if this you ba, you'll be happy to know that the crossfade function can be controlled by an external expression pedal.

All in al the KeyMaster is a very functional ReAmp box that inspires new & creative blends and chains of effects.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Pigtronix Keymaster
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search