The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shure wireless beta87a

Shure Beta 87A Wireless

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Wireless, beta87a, very clean.

13th January 2012

Shure Beta 87A Wireless by Steaudiophen

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Shure wireless beta87a

The Shure beta87a wireless mic has the same features of the beta87a but rocks a wireless rig. I set one up at church last night - wow! I am not the biggest fan of wireless gear but this mic was crystal clear. It has a very smooth response and is clearer than anything we have used in the church.
Like the regular beta87a it has a supercardioid pickup pattern, and sounded great for speaking and singing.

My only complaint was when we were putting it together, the base where the batteries go was very similar to the wireless sm58. If you are not familiar with that mic, it is made of plastic that is pretty weak. Our 58 has tape holding the battery compartment together so much use. I just would have expected more for an expensive, crystal clear sounding microphone. Not due to dropping it or anything, but this piece is thin enough to break while swapping batteries with haste. Which if you have worked with live sound - you need to gogogogo if a problem is to come up.

Sound quality was so good I had to retract all previous statements I had made about wireless gear. Build... Could be tougher, but it is an expensive piece not to be dropped.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Shure wireless beta87a
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search