The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
se1000a

sE Electronics SE1000a

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Cardioid Condenser

12th January 2012

sE Electronics SE1000a by Sim

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
se1000a

I recently recorded an album with a friends and we primarily used this to demo all the vocs and acoustic tracks. When got to the track stage after trying various mics rode nt1, cad m177, wooden blondies we decided to go with the se1000a. It just works perfectly with acoustic guitar, we had a really nice acoustic it just sang with resonance and balance and this mic literally captured that perfectly all i had to do was compress it slightly to bring it forward in the mix and it was sweet as a nut. On vocals is pretty similar to the nt1a with out the harshness and sibilance

It goes for about £70 used but a lot of chain music shops still have them in and are selling them at discount prices around £100. Can really go wrong with that it definitely tops the old nt1a any day and is slightly better than the nt1. It's a shame they didn't chuck a -10db pad on and i could use this on snare bearing in mind it has a max spl of 135db i reckon a loud drummer would be a bit to much. For it's price it's outstanding and I would recommend this for someone on a budget looking for professional results.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... se1000a
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search