The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
kurzweil KS40 A monitors

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Kurzweil KS40A monitors Great monitors for starters, computer use and keyboard duties.

9th January 2012

by muziekschuur

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4

Oh, damn. My main monitors went up in smoke. And a client is coming in for a training.... Oh darn. I can fix those main monitor amp. But I don't have the time? What to do? The Kurzweil KS40A to the rescue. They are a steal at their current price (79 euro) and they look a treat. I had decent sound for my course and I was and am really happy with them. I fixed my main monitor system now. But they are still on top of my console.

So... What are they. They are really nice entry level monitors. The amp is in one of the boxes and the second is fed by the amp in the left one. So because of that I don't think they are monitors you take with you on a trip, like the Genelecs 8020's and 8040's and 6010 series are. But if you have set of computer speakers and want to step up a level these are great speakers. If you have a masterkeyboard and want to work with and without the computer on that masterkeyboard they excel. Because they have two sets of inputs. (RCA unbalanced). The upper two are for the soundcard connection. The lower two (wich are eq'd to take away some bass) are especially for your masterkeyboard. This way you can leave your computer off but still have sound. Wich I think is brilliant.

I have now mixed I think 6 or 7 projects on them. And they are decent. Not as good as my other system. But they definitively do not suck. Combined with their small size and they're solid sound I'd say these are great entry level monitors with a nice extra. You can't turn them up really loud. Cause they would vibrate alil. But when you use em at 85DB (wich is a nice Bob Katz mixinglevel) they are nice...

I can say for the money, but allso at twice the price these monitors are a great buy.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... kurzweil KS40 A monitors
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search