The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Twitch Audio Interface for DJ Controlerism

Novation TWITCH

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

In between Ableton Live electronic production and DJing for 20 years, I was searching for a combo device.

3rd January 2012

Novation TWITCH by psylion

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Twitch Audio Interface for DJ Controlerism

More than a year ago, I realise I had something missing in my life... Producing music. then revival of house classic and 80's and 90's underground dance and rave... I focus myself into Ableton live. Which give me so many escape.
Today I was in a 2 chairs stage where the electronic production is so huge and the DJ need to play something known "in the menu"... I had to make a choice.

Then I went to multiple shop in the centre of Brussels (Belgium). I was influenced by too many advertisement on the net (NI principally...)
Explaining my setup (Win7 64 bit + Ableton live + APC40 + MPK Mini )...
What will be the good Audio Interface for me?
I want to produce tracks, maybe doing some live and DJing...

Well in a shop one of the sales talk me rapidly about the Twicth.
After 3 days of configuration (2-3 hours per days) it works, with Serato Itch (new soft for me) and also with Ableton. This was a revelation.
A great device for DJing with ableton. 1 condition, use the Live Twitch Translator (available in the Novation website).
Today I have tried to connect everything within Ableton, without success.

But the inspiration help me, I have started first Itch with my Twitch, followed by Ableton live where apc40 and mpk mini was connected.
Redirecting the Master output of Ableton to Twitch Master ouput.
And everything was working only the midi-sync is currently not available between Ableton and Itch, the two parties are announcing a future 2012 release for The Bridge synchronisation.

This device is really good for people like me who wants to make the to things, djing and music production.

If you have any questions like testing something or if you want my expertise for future testing.... let me know I'm open minded ;-)

Peace

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Twitch Audio Interface for DJ Controlerism
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search