The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kurzweil KS-40A

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

1st January 2012

by icecubeman

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5

These monitors are not studio monitors at all. that must be said in first place. They are specified as keyboard and music production monitors. As first interesting thing, monitors are made from 100% wood material {MDF}. They are not bi-amped and you can connect audio interface through cinch cable. There are two separate inputs. One that is claimed as "flat" and other with some boost on 10kHz. This input is for connecting keyboards, especially those from Kurzweil. As owner of PC3 model, I see why manufacturer decided to make this special input. Sounds in PC3 are generaly flat sounding which is good for recording. When you composing or just playing, it is very good to listen to the gently hyped high frequencies. Next interesting thing is bass control knob as these monitors has heavily extended and hyped bass response. Adjusting response to your needs is great function. I mainly using it incooperation with Kurzweil keyboard and for listening music. They translate very well and you can immediately hear if the song is poorly mixed or mastered, especially in lower frequencies. They doesnt sound harsh even on louder levels. AFAIK these monitors are some remake of Edifier if someone is inetersted. I can recommend KS40A for hobbysts or keyboards players for practising at home.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Kurzweil KS-40A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search