The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audix F15 condenser microphone

Audix Microphones F15

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

100Hz-20kHz frequency response. Wide cardioid pickup pattern. Cheap in price.

30th December 2011

Audix Microphones F15 by Steaudiophen

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Audix F15 condenser microphone

I got a set of F15's at a buy one get one free price. So I only paid $100 for the set. The frequency response is 100Hz-20kHz with a pretty wide cardioid pickup pattern. They are pretty sensitive. Audix markets them for cymbals, but I have found they sound great on guitar amps and acoustics guitars. Not to say they don't sound great as overheads, but I've used them for guitar amps more than cymbals. If you are going to buy inexpensive condensers I'd first say not to, these on the other hand have been well worth the $100 dollars for two! If you are on a budget and need some versatile microphones - get them. If someone told me they had limited money but needed a good mic for guitars and drums and insisted on them being condensers, these would be the only one's I'd back up. Otherwise grab some decent dynamic microphones. Throw 2 of these and a 57 on a combo amp and you will be surprised with the outcome.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Audix F15 condenser microphone
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search