The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radial J48 Active Direct Box

Radial Engineering J48

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Solid build active DI box. 15 dB PAD, Merge L/R switch, Phantom power check light, Polarity Reverse switch, Low cut ([email protected]) Ground Lift.

30th December 2011

Radial Engineering J48 by Steaudiophen

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

Pretty much what you would expect from the guys at Radial Engineering. Very solid chassis, all the features you would expect, great tone. I've used lower end DI boxes and they simply are not as good as the Radial ones. They add color that isn't the color you want in your tracks as well as make noises or wild clips for no reason. Either buy the same internals and make your own or go Radial. I would tell anyone looking for a solid, well built active DI box to buy this one.

Features include; 15 dB PAD, Merge L/R switch, Phantom power check light, Polarity Reverse switch, Low cut ([email protected]) Ground Lift.

6th January 2012

Radial Engineering J48 by MikeMcD

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

I just purchased one of these to record a proper Bass DI track on an EP I produced. I shopped around for a little bit between this and cheaper units. I ended up going with the Radial because of user reviews and I have not been dissapointed. The features are handy, especially the 15dB pad and the polarity reverse switch. The unit is VERY sturdy as anyone could expect from Radial. The salesman I bought it from advised that he uses them alot for tours and live shows and they withstand the nightly abuse of being on stage like a champ.
In a recording setup, this unit performs honestly, and the bass sounds I got while using it were clear with a powerful low end. Proving that the unit doesn't cause any signal deterioration that I could tell in my home studio. It might not add much flavor to your recordings like other much more expensive DI's, but if you're looking for a simple useable DI that won't take away from your tone, I can't think of any unit I would recommend above this one.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Radial J48 Active Direct Box
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search