The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jlm audio fc500

JLM Audio Equipment FC-500

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Compressor for 500 series by JLM Audio.

23rd December 2011

JLM Audio Equipment FC-500 by Wiz_Oz

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

The FC500 by JLM Audio is a fet type compressor for the 500 series racks.

Joe malone designed and built this as his take on the 1176 compressor, but with added functionality.

Its quite attractive to look at and i find its ergonomics no worse than other 500 series devices. The small size of the 500 style units being their shortcomming.

This is a fabulous sounding unit, that can actually double as a mic pre in some cases. This is something the 1176 can do as well.

I wouldnt recommend this as your first compressor, as it is a little finicky to set,at first....but once you get the hang of it....its really quite stunning what can be gotten out of it.

I use it as my main vocal compressor, and i track with it. This gives you a good indication that it sounds great, as i commit to tape.

It functions great on any source i have thrown at it...bass, guitars, kick and snare.

It has the ability to link to a second unit, so its a viable option for bus duties.

The build quality on it is first class.

I own a number of JLM's products and joe has been nothing short of fantastic with his advice and service.

Great gear, seems to make things sound better by just being in the signal chain....and the FC500 has that quality.

Wiz

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Jlm audio fc500
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search