The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peluso 22 47

Peluso Microphones 22 47

4 4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Here is a great use for the Peluso U47 style tube mic. It makes use of it's great LF extention & low noise.

22nd December 2011

Peluso Microphones 22 47 by FunkyTek

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Peluso 22 47

Hey man, this mic loves the upright bass. Seriously.

I had the opportunity to try it out at the recording session for our new album.
On the second day, I switched from electric bass, electric acoustic and the electric upright, to my 160yr old German upright. I was running the piezo pickups direct through my SWR Interstellar Overdrive, but didn't want to move the Neumann TLM from the wet cabinet just yet so I decided to give the 2247 a try.

The build quality of this mic and it's basic features have been well covered before on this forum so I will spare the usual and get right to the ratings. Again, this is with respect to this one particular application.

Sound Quality: There were a number of excellent mics to cover the upright, but without even a serious EQ I could tell the 2247 was a match. The playbacks confirmed what I was hearing in the cans. Sweet. The fundamentals were right in my face with that good tube mic depth. Yet there was still all the upper harmonics that really make the sound of a really good upright.

Ease of use: well heck, it's a tube mic with separate power supply and a thread-on suspension shock mount. It' sjust not going to be as easy as hanging a 57 over the cabinet, right? So down 2 for the power supply and down another for the mount.

Features: Count em 9 polar patterns. I would give it a 10 if it could order me a pizza and beer.

Bang for buck: It isn't a $10k mic on sale for $100, but for this application, it really works and can be had for a whole lot less than the big names I have used less successfully.

22nd December 2011

Peluso Microphones 22 47 by IGive'nTakeInfo

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Peluso 22 47

When i was shopping for a tube mic (`$2000) i wanted a tube sound, some just did not deliver what i had in mind, they were too clean. After trying alot of the newer telefunken models, lauten models and peluso models i found what i was looking for in the 2247SE.

Even on harsh high endy vocals, running this mic through an 1176 softens it up just enough to take the pain away. I enjoy the very noticeable differences when switching the 9 diff polar patterns its silky and smooth. OMNI is more open, cardoid has more mids. I didnt play around with figure8 much.

The shock mount seemed a bit flimsy even when all screwed in tight. The sound though is top notch really good crisp clear ballsy with a touch of real tube presence.

I have only used this on vocals and will be my go-to mic for non aggresive style vocals from now on, because i cant yet afford a Bock.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Peluso 22 47
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search