The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha MT-100 mkII

Yamaha MT-100 mkII

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

The mobile band 4 tracks.

21st December 2011

Yamaha MT-100 mkII by efabric

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Yamaha MT-100 mkII

OK Folks, you know this isn't the best professionnal tool for recording something. It's a 4 tracks on K7 deck ! But I have to admit than for me It's a perfect DI to attack another line level sound card, thanks for Its jack inputs. Sadly, there is no XLR input. You'll have to stick to guitar, line or preamp inputs. The preamp has enough juice for gain, and this is where I want to come : Push this little beast hard ! There's plenty of analog saturation and tape compression inside ! You even can make great feedback, with the crosstalk leakage between left and right channels. You only need a Jack/cinch cable plugged in the return effect in, and you can record it live ! It's a nice option in addition to your cleaner than life soundcard take...
If you can live with tape hiss (there's a dbx reduction system) it's a great creative tool !
Kick your punch in pedal to record a new track, and go on ! Where's the punch in pedal input in modern DAW ? We can't click on a record button and play guitar at the same time !
And at this time you can find one for close to nothing... It's a no brainer...

22nd December 2011

Yamaha MT-100 mkII by slippast

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Yamaha MT-100 mkII

Oh wow, lol. I'm about to channel Barbra Streisand... "Meeeemooorries...of the way we weeeerrrreeee..."

This was my first recording device...so long ago. It sounded awful. Even with great quality tapes it thing sounded bad. With DBX on it sounded like the band was in the other room. And I remember I paid what seemed like a fortune for this thing in my early 20s.

Nevertheless, I recorded a lot with this device. Some of those recordings even made their way track-by-track onto a computer when the early versions of Cubase VST arrived on my old Macintosh. I still have a few of those floating around.

The punch-in never seemed to click in at the right time either. I'm surprised this thing survived my bad tempered youth...

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Yamaha MT-100 mkII
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search