The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Oktava MKL-2500

Oktava MKL-2500

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Great Tube Mic - Surprisingly good for the Price

20th December 2011

Oktava MKL-2500 by taturana

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Oktava MKL-2500

Great Low-cost Tube LDC, Cardioid Only with an amazing u47'esque tone, great on voice, drum overheads, and all kinds of instruments. I have even gotten phone calls from another major studio wanting to know which mic i used on a vocal recording because it sounded so good. Even though the mic is quite great stock, some mods can make this mic sound even better. On mine i did remove the plastic resonator and the extra internal wire mesh, which resulted in a more balanced clearer tone (the resonator pushes up the high end a bit... but makes it harsher)... Michael Joly at Oktavamod does excelent mods to this mic also... The retail price on those is around 500 dollars, but you can get them cheaper used...

you do have to watch out for the chinese copies of this mic though, as they are known to have problems such as hum, also oktava QC is not impressive at all, two different mics may sound completely different

Real Oktava vs Fake Oktava

Oktava MKL-2500

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Oktava MKL-2500
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search