The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Snowball USB Plug-n-Play

Blue Microphones Snowball

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Blue Snowball, USB Plug-n-Play Condesnor Microphone

15th December 2011

Blue Microphones Snowball by Wearewhat21

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Blue Snowball USB Plug-n-Play

The Blue snowball is a very good microphone for beginning recording. From personal use i have recorded multiple tracks of vocals, no instruments. It is a USB Plug-n-Play so its very simple to use. The size of the snowball is quite small and easy to transport, it also comes with a desktop mic stand which itself is not large. I really dont have anything back to say about this mic except it is not the quitest. My voice is deep and carries very loudly and later in time i knew i would have to change mics. I've used this microphone for about 5 months and have never had any problems with it besides its recording input. I've found a way to turn down the input on my comp but it takes away some of the audio quality imo and what I’ve worked on.

The snowball also comes with omnidirectional functions and Cardioid. Its sample rate however is only 44.1 kHz/16-bit. But even so its sound quality is amazing. For a USB Condenser microphone i highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to begin recording or if someone needs a bang for the buck replacement. I have listened to instruments played on the snowball and they sound phenomenal but i have never played one myself. Overall, you cant really go wrong with this mic. Thumbs up to Blue Microphones!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Blue Snowball USB Plug-n-Play
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search