The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acid Music Studio 8.0

Sony ACID Music Studio 8

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Looper's Heaven

14th December 2011

Sony ACID Music Studio 8 by Sunscape

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4

Ah yes, my first DAW... I bought this a year ago (or was it two?) to start making remixes and eventually, original music.

The decision to get this program was, perhaps, a bit hasty, as It doesn't have a ton of features. It comes with quite a few basic effects. They are adequate, especially for messing around and doing some basic (but interesting) EQing.It also comes with a basic amp emulation (it's made by studio devil) and an Amber lite piano VSTi. They are very basic though, and While the piano is actually good for basic stuff, the amp modeler is not so great. It has NO automation, just some basic volume/panning controls. The beatmapping is excellent so far, being able to calculate exactly the BPM of finished songs, and clips.

Sadly, the sound (and loops that come with it) only goes to 16 bit. That might be unacceptable for some, I find it... ok, for now.

The Interface is super streamlined, dragging and dropping audio clips, and VSTs. The Ribbon-like (think Microsoft word) panel at the bottom gives access to all this and more, including the mixing panel, and different VSTs. It's very easy to learn, especially for someone who knows at least a little about computer music (if you don't, do some research first).

This might be worth the $50-60 to you, especially, If you like to make loop based music and remixes. Worked for me, but I am Eying Ableton live as an upgrade.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Acid Music Studio 8.0
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search