The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Baby Bottle

Blue Microphones Baby Bottle

4.15 4.15 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

A great mic with a superb classic mid-range, great for vocals, drums and most acoustic sources.

13th December 2011

Blue Microphones Baby Bottle by mattqualls

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Blue Baby Bottle

The Blue Baby Bottle is a very aggressive microphone suited mainly for vocals and tailored for a "classic rock" sound. While this holds true and has held up to the reputation Blue has given the Baby Bottle, I find myself using this mic in situations that often have me jaw-dropped in pleasure. Upon buying this mic, I first tracked some vocals, a hardcore metal band with a very loud voiced singer. He wanted his voice to sound hot and heavy, this mic plus some light distortion achieved this for him with ease. After a few sessions using it on guitar cabs and vocals and as a drum room mic, I began to get comfortable with the mic. Then one evening I was asking a friend of mine about how he got such a fantastic bass tone on an album he tracked a few years back. He mentioned he used an LDC about 8 inches back a little off the cone of the bass players 2x15 cab. So when it came time to record my own band, I tried the same approach with the Baby Bottle and wow was I shocked, now let me clarify that this bass was fuzzy and aggressive, cutting through the mix not filling out the bass of the mix with the guitars riding on top. My bass player and I were both very pleased, it is now my go-to mic for bass, usually paired with a dynamic mic. This mic has also worked wonders for hip-hop vocals. My main client (Cities Aviv - citiesaviv.bandcamp.com) loves this mic. I also find this mic to be a standard for any vocalist that screams. I'd say for the price of $400 this mic is a true gem. Whether your using it for vocals, bass or drum rooms, it never fails. It has a smoky, dark yet cutting punchy sound that I find to be attractive on every record, one way or another.

23rd December 2011

Blue Microphones Baby Bottle by rack gear

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Blue Baby Bottle

I bought this mic as an impulse buy when sweetwater was having a blow out. My expectations weren't that high, but the price was right and I figured more mics = more color. In the end this is my goto room mic for drums, it really excels in this capacity. I've used it in other applications with less spectacular results. It's also found it's way in front of guitar cabs on occasion to add some "air".

16th January 2012

Blue Microphones Baby Bottle by anotherguitarist

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Blue Baby Bottle

Talking to my sweetwater guy, I explained I wanted something different to mic a guitar but, would love to use it with vocals and just about anything. If it was great but not perfect for everything fine. If it was more "different" than good or bad...even better.

This mic is incredible. So much so, I am now getting more from the Blue line. It ended up being exactly what I wanted for the guitar mic. To my surprise, it was awesome for vocals. You can read plenty of specs and even here audio clips on the Blue site so I will spare all the senseless words to describe it.

I am posting this because I believe I have the perfect description that people are not using and, it will give the perfect idea of what to expect.

If a 57 was a condenser mic, it would be the baby bottle. That's it, nuff said. This is a great little find. I bought it just to get a sound from an amp, now it is a workhorse in my studio. As soon as I can save the funds, I will be adding more Blue mics in the studio.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Blue Baby Bottle
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search