The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon Alpha

Lexicon Alpha

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

On a very tight budget? This might be for you.

11th December 2011

Lexicon Alpha by Sunscape

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Lexicon Alpha

Well, I picked this interface up when I was just starting in music making, and It worked (and still does!) for me. It has a XLR, 3 line ins, RCA, and L and R outs. Sadly, it's Headphone out jack is for 1/8 in. jacks, mine can be either, 1/8th or 1/4th but some may not like that. It's sound quality is good, with a little occasional hum at max volumes. I'm not sure what's up with that, but this thing is loud enough, no need to crank it.

As far as it's ease of use, Fairly easy to set up, but you need to install the driver and included software (cubase LE5) in a certain order or it screws up the install. Other than that, it's just plug it in, and maybe fiddle a little with your computer/DAW's sound settings.

One feature that's important to many, including me, is MIDI. It has none. While that was not a problem initially, now I have a midi Keyboard, and I had to purchase a separate MIDI interface. This is a minor pain, and requires some setting up so you can hear everything. If you need to use MIDI, get an interface that has it included.

As far as value, The Cubase LE5 practically makes it worth the $60 on it's own. It's a good program, and very full featured for mixing and MIDI. And $60 is cheap for an interface anyway, so this is worth it if it has what you need.

Final Verdict: Excellent value with good sound makes this interface good for beginners or dabblers.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Lexicon Alpha
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search