The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Rocket Stage Two

Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage 2

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The Handyman mic

9th December 2011

Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage 2 by doose80

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Blue Rocket Stage Two

Physically its nothing to leave the Mrs for, but what it lacks in looks it makes up for in Sound!

The Rocket Stage Two comes packaged in a cute but somewhat flimsy case, Blues' infamous shockmount, a power supply fit for the Starship Enterprise and a custom mic cable.

The Rocket series enables the use of Blues' interchangeable capsules, the same used with their flagship 'Bottle'
The Rocket Stage One being - Class A Solid State mic
The Rocket Stage Two being - Clas A Transformerless Tube

My first impression was, this little fella has a HUGE SOUND!!!
1st session was on vocals using the B6/B7/B8 capsules.
Overall a great sound with a definite tube tone. Great depth in the lower frequencies & nice clarity and smoothness in the highs (the reason why I love Blue mics). Up close recording sounded nice & full without the over bearing proximity effect or harshness.

Acoustic guitar had a nice overall tone, but lacked a little definition i thought.
Mic'd up guitar amps sounded AWESOME! Big round tone without it spitting harshness back.

The only issues are cosmetic...kinda hard to impress clients with its size and the mic body is shiny but feels a bit 'plasticky'.
Nonetheless, a totally viable option to have considering you can use the interchangeable capsules but dont have the dosh to fork out on the 'Bottle'.
At the end of the day....size DOESNT matter!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Blue Rocket Stage Two
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search