The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Truth B2030A

Behringer Truth B2030A

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Simply the best option for the Home Studio.

9th December 2011

Behringer Truth B2030A by vyero

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Behringer Truth B2030A

Today I want to talk to you about the B2030A Monitors from Behringer.

These Genelec-clone monitors actually never came to be my primary option of purchase... I wasn't confident of the quality, of course prejudiced by the low price (around $300 for the pair).

To my surprise, the B2030A have a clear and punchy sound in a very compact and sturdy box. It's Bi-amped, so the tweeter and the woofer are managed separately and the linear frequency response is very flat, so you can really tell when your mixes are balanced. I tested them for about an hour and I was really convinced, so I bought them for my home studio.

Compared to other standard monitors like the NS10's and KRK Rockit's, the Behringer's seem more balanced on their lower and higher frequencies. They lack of the Yamaha's mid-hi presence, but they are way more punchy in the low frequencies, and the KRK's sound is really muddy compared to these beauties.

The low price range and the superb sound quality of these monitors can get anyone to buy these, but here is the best part: You can actually mold the sound according to your room conditions.

On the back you can see there is the "Input trim" knob and 3 frequency switches:

1.- A "Low Frequency" switch that can help you cut undesired low resonances also letting you get these monitors to be used with a subwoofer... or even just to simulate smaller speakers.
2.- A "Room Compensation" switch that prevents high boosts of lower frequencies due to monitor placement. It has 4 settings that depend on the positioning and distance from walls and corners... pretty cool!
3.- A "High Frequency" switch to control damping on your room and balance the frequency response.

The ammount of control that you have with these monitors is amazing. The B2030A Monitors become really flexible and reliable because they adapt to your room, not the other way around. This is why I really recommend these as the best option for the Home Studio. Period!

I haven't found any other studio monitors within this price range, with that quality and flexibility, at least not yet. Behringer recently released the new B3030A Monitors with a ribbon tweeter and the same sound control. I really want to try those out... but that, my friends, goes to another review.

If you have any questions about the TRUTH B2030A, just let me know.

Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Truth B2030A-behringer_b2030a.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: png B2030A_P0135_Rear_XL.png (173.8 KB, 1841 views)

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Behringer Truth B2030A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search