The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vermona Perfourmer mki

Vermona Perfourmer MKI

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Multipurpose analog synth/filter toolbox!

8th December 2011

Vermona Perfourmer MKI by duggabax

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Vermona Perfourmer mki

Well, I've been using the perfourmer for almost exactly a year and it's served me pretty well. I'll just go over what I use it for. It's a pretty novel synth I think (4 independent monosynths that you can route into one another, they can FM each other's oscs and filters, you can route external audio through the filters) and I really think of it as being very utilitarian. It's truly multifunctional for me.

I usually have at least one voice doing a lead in a song, a nice high-pitched smooth high-res synth voice that dances around...I mean it sounds smooth, but not as smooth as my Juno 60, maybe a bit mellower though if that makes sense. And when I do a lead, I usually like to do a harmony in spots, and I can, cause I've got four synths here!

Or I like to route my Juno 60 through one of the voices just using the filter. This can sound a lot of different ways...the interplay between each synths filter can give you a really narrow frequency emphasis which can be cool and sound very...I don't know...not distorted per se but definitely a warm dirty sound, which I like.

I never use the osc fm, for me it just makes it sound of tune...I really like the filter FM though, especially for bass sounds. You can get some super-gnarly, snarly, big and mean sounds with that. (see soundcloud clip)

I guess its basic tone...maybe not spectacular? I do miss the creamy grinding voweliness of my MC202, but the perfourmer definitely gets the job done. Also when you run sound through the filter, it does add some noise, but I think that's just the character of analog gear. Embrace the noise. Also no PWM, no detents for tuning, no osc sync, so it doesn't do everything.

In conclusion, it's a filterbank, four monosynths, a polysynth, it's got FM, you can team voices up for multi-osc sounds...I think the key to this synth is that it's so many things in one. That's what makes it so useful for me.

In the below track, the bass is all perfourmer. Sound quality is meh but you can still hear how many cool sounds I tweak out of it just with having two synth voices playing the same thing, but with one FMing the other, and playing with the filters and waveforms.

Nice day on the moon by sonoran soundlab on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Vermona Perfourmer mki
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search