The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Voodoo lab Amp Selector

Voodoo Lab Amp Selector

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Fantastic tool for studio & stage. Run your amps in combination for huge tones. I know it's not on the prefix list but thought I'd do it anyway.

7th December 2011

Voodoo Lab Amp Selector by stgaudio

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Voodoo lab Amp Selector

I was looking for a tool that allowed me to run a guitarist into multiple amps so I had lots of blending options on mixdown. I searched high and low for a product other than the radial. Enter the VooDoo Lab Amp Selector.

This is just an increadible product which opens so many doors for not only studio work, but on stage as well. Starting with the build, it is put together very well as you would expect a pedal to be from voodoo lab. It has a simple yet very effective design including an input on the rear of the unit, 4 true bypass foot switches which allow you to toggle any combination of amps which are fed individually by one of 4 outputs on the rear of the chassis. When I say "any combination" I mean it. You can run the amps in 2 pairs in any combination using any of the 4 outputs, or you can singulally add and remove amps as you go. Also you can run all 4 amps in situe which is fantastic for studio work. A red LED shows which amps are active. Each output has a gain controll on the unit which keeps thigs flexible in the control room. It can be powered by a 9v supply or a battery.

In use. The true bypass switches are as said. There is NO NOISE to this box, nore is there any degradation to the signal, it's just fantastic! My first session with it included a fender twin reverb with a tube screamer in front, and a vox ac30. Both amps had a cascade fathead ribbon up on them, the twin had a heil pr30 also and the vox had a 57. As I expected, fired up tools, did some panning, creamed myself. Since then I've done sessions with 3 & 4 amps presenting me with loads of options on the mix side and nearly every guitarist who got the chance to record with it has either bought one, or borrowed mine for live work.

Summary. I love this little box. It's so powefull for live and studio situations. not alway applicable depending on the project but I would never be without it. In short it's well made, well thought out and it sounds mint. For what it is I think the price is great at around $250. Total underdog of a product. Nice job VooDoo lab!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Voodoo lab Amp Selector
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search