The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Psi a17-m

PSI Audio A17-M

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Short review of PSI's A17-M model.

5th December 2011

PSI Audio A17-M by MatsNo

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Psi a17-m

After having these monitors for 5 months I've decided to do a short review.

The sound quality of these monitors are nothing short of amazing. First time I heard these I felt that the tracks sounded just the way I thought they should sound, only with a much higher definition. I didn't need any time to "adjust" to the sound, it was "right" from the beginning. The imaging is superb and you can really visualize where every instrument fits in the mix, and although they're only 7 inch monitors they pack quite a punch and the bass is delivered very well. They roll of gently around about 45Hz, so you would need a sub to get the whole specter. They sound much bigger than they really are, but can't play quite as loud as a bigger monitor would do. These monitors aren't cheap, but they're still a lot of sound for the money, and that says a lot of the great sound quality they offer.

I would very much recommend these to anyone seeking a high quality nearfield monitor, as they beat pretty much everything else in they're pricerange and more.

For a deeper review I could also recommend the review done earlier this year by SoundonSound magazine.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Psi a17-m
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search