4th December 2011

Dynaudio BM6A MKII by dashbad

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Dynaudio BM6A Mk2

I bought these monitors to replace my aging and rather poor Alesis Monitor 1s. Having owned them for two years I am thoroughly pleased with the purchase.

I listen to a variety of styles on them but largely produce House music and I find they suit bass heavy electronic music very well.

The low end is impressive for a speaker of this size and is nice and tightly defined. I have them in a smallish room and do not feel the need to add a sub. Extreme low frequencies can be checked with headphones and I find these monitors sufficiently clear down to 40/50 Hz.

The stereo imaging is excellent as is the separation. I hear details and individual sounds on these monitors that are difficult to pick out even on high quality IEMs. I preferred them over comparable models from KRK that I also tested.

They go plenty loud for my purposes and have an attractive design.

If I had one minor criticism it would be that the upper mids feel slightly over pronounced - as I find myself generally overcooking mixes in this area as a result but this is a very minor issue.

Overall I would certainly recommend these monitors, particularly for general use and for listening/mixing bass heavy EDM.

4th March 2012

Dynaudio BM6A MKII by burchpiano

Dynaudio BM6A Mk2

I have owned these speakers for about a year and a half now and couldn’t be any more happy to have them. As with any monitor, it took me a little time to “learn” the way that they sound and a little time to set them to my room acoustics but once I got that out of the way, I feel like I can really trust the sound that’s coming out of them to be very accurate.

I mix all sorts of genres such as pop/dance to straight up country and I can say they have done a wonderful job at handling everything that I throw at them. Rich accurate lows for dance music and a nice high range that’s good for any monitor to have.

These monitors have a clip light that I forget that’s even there because I’ve never seen it light up. And I have run these things LOUD before depending on what a client wants to hear and what kind of mix elements I’m listening for.

The MK2 has 3 shelving switches on the back (+1 to -1 db) that help you dial your room in HF, MID and LF.

You should be able to find these for around $1,400 US. I’ve compared these to many monitors in the same price range both in the music stores and in my own studio and have to say that these blew me away. I consider these to be the best in their price range!

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search