The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sennheiser MKH50

Sennheiser MKH 50

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

great sounding multi purposes super cardiod condenser microphone

3rd December 2011

Sennheiser MKH 50 by 11miles

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Sennheiser MKH50

A perfect microphone for studio and live purposes, especially where adjacent sounds are a problem.
With its super cardiod pattern the mic rejects more sound sources than its ''brother'' MKH40 while still maintaing the superb sound quality.
Extremely good for picking up bassy elements in live environment.
I recorded a whole season of a TV drama, with lots of buzzes and nosies from balast lights, generators etc. with proper mounting, its a life saver.
Turned out to be a lot better than ROde NTG-3 when doing blind tests in the same environment.

The bad side is that it is very delicate, when picking up precise sounds. Even when ut in the MZS40 elastic suspension, the mic is very prone to picking up the slightest movements.
It should be placed on a stand, consider it putting on a boom pole only with a very good boom operator.

FOr those delicate but necessary movements, it could use a low cut instead of just a roll off, i havent found a good use for yet.

All in all I love the mic, a bit pricey, i wouldn't recommend it for amateur work.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Sennheiser MKH50
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search