The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer B-1

Behringer B-1

4 4 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Easy to use mic and very resistent. Its well worth the money it costs, but if i knew at the time about the X-1, i would go for SE Electronics, this is good but inthis price of range one can go and buy an SE. Overall, is good to record guitars, but not so good for voice.

1st December 2011

Behringer B-1 by jorvelasco

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
Behringer B-1

Easy to use mic, not really ugly and very resistent by the way. Its well worth the money it costs, but if i knew at the time about the SE Electronics X-1, i would go for SE Electronics X-1, this is good but in this price of range one can go and get yourself an SE Electronics X-1, wich sounds amazing with voice.
Overall, is good to record guitars, but not so good for voice. If you want to record mainly guitars and acoustic guitar is an ok Mic,if you want to record voice, get ready to use lots of compression and a limiter, this mic once you get into the field of high frequencies, he gets some clipping noises and distortions, so always work on low volumes and adds lots of compression on it.
Well, as any equipament, once you know how to use it, it gets better, but as i said on the beggining, if you are looking mainly for a voice mic, this is not it.
If you want to record drums, this can be and overhead mic i imagine, but i never tried with drums, since i dont want to lie, i dont know how it would work out.
So in my opinion, if you just want to record guitars and string instruments that are not really high freq oiented, this would serve you well, it is a flexible mic. If you are buying this to record mainly voice, i would not buy this mic.

17th March 2012

Behringer B-1 by trustsound

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Behringer B-1

One of my first microphones, hand picked because of great reviews back when money was low.. Everytime I used this microphone on voice work I'd have jealous friends with comments like "I want your mic"

After a year went buy I had more money and started climbing the ladder, I wish I still had it now to compare it with some of my microphones. I'll probably rebuy one of these one day. I'd say the best $100 mic you can get.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search