22nd September 2020

MOTU MicroBook IIc by Dallon426

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2
MOTU MicroBook IIc

I will start off by saying that I am a windows 10 user. I will also state that I am very familiar with many types of audio interfaces. I have tried most interfaces out of curiosity. And well.... Motu, they just fall short again and again. I do not really know why I even bother with the company. The Microbook iic is an updated interface to an interface that came out in 2014. The iiC came out in 2019 (Correct me if I am wrong) Motu did not bother to update the software, and it is a bit of a mess. You cannot change buffer settings and there is a default buffer setting that cannot be lowered and or adjusted. You also cannot adjust the sample rate from inside the cuemix fx. You can adjust it in a daw, but the latency is so bad that I had to stop running ableton.

The interface itself is nice, has a nice weight, good feel and I love that there are no tiny knobs. If the M2 looked like this, I would try that as well (Although, I suspect I would be disappointed)

I will go on the record and state that nothing comes close to an RME Babyface Pro audio interface. If you are using USB then just save yourself the headache and frustration with not getting low RTL. The RME Babyface pro is the one and only USB interface to rule them all.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search