The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioScape V-Comp 6386

AudioScape V-Comp 6386 Edition

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Warm, Intimate and Dense. The “6386 EDITION” V-COMP is a limited availability version aimed at our most discerning, classic tube gear purists! Our most Sonically Opulent compressor to date! The AudioScape take on a Classic 1950’s Variable-Mu Tube Compressor Gates STA-Level.

1st September 2020

AudioScape V-Comp 6386 Edition by badmonkeymusic

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
AudioScape V-Comp 6386

This is perhaps one of the greatest character compressor clones ever made. If you have ever met the owner of this independent, boutique company, this is a testament of his hard-work, research, and dedication/love for analog gear, and the people he builds for.

The sound of this behemoth is velvety, smooth, and lush. Run anything through it, and it will impart some magic to it. I'm not sure if it is good for every source, as it is dense, and "dark". Don't get me wrong here: your source actually sounds like it gains bandwidth even in the highs, but it does add weight. I do find myself using it on most everything.

Its a show-stopper: looks like the business, and the build-quality is top-notch. Something that you will never want to let go of, and feel like you underpaid.

Just get one, and you will be stoked you did.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search