10th August 2020

Singular Audio f-48 by elbib

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Singular Audio f-48

I wanted to write this review because this is a new company that there isn't that much info for. I ordered the mic from their website and it arrived a few days later in a nice box & case.

The mic is well built and has some weight to it. It has a matte black finish, and comes in a nice looking plastic little case.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

I tried out the f-48 on some vocals and this is where the f-48 really shines. It has that 47 fet very smooth top, with forward mids. I instantly liked the sound, since it doesn't have that excessive sibilance that some neumann tlm's or aston mics can have in this price range. I later tried it on some drums and the weight the drums seem to have on them with this mic is really nice. It seems to work greatly as a kick mic (which is to expected since it seems to resemble a 47fet).

All in all a really solid sounding mic for the price (495 eur). Really a workhorse mic that works on a lot of sources without hyping the sound too much, but really hi fi and expensive sounding at the same time.

Cons: there is a switch for omni/cardioid which you have to remove the mic body for. Would be easier on the outside, but I use mine in cardioid most of the time anyway. There is no shockmount included, just a mount that screws onto the bottom. Also with very high spl sources you might need a pad of sorts. All minor issues to me, since I really like the sound !!

(photos taken from the singular audio website)

Attached Thumbnails
Singular Audio f-48-img_3450.jpg   Singular Audio f-48-img_2958.jpg  

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search