The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Phoenix Audio DRS-8 MK2

Phoenix Audio DRS-8 MK2

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The DRS-8 is a wonderful intuitive beast with neutral warmth and clarity. It is truly amazing the range of drive one can get simply by playing with the input and output and listening. It is at least the equal of my UA 6108, and incredibly cheap per channel for such supreme quality

3rd August 2020

Phoenix Audio DRS-8 MK2 by The 9th Earl

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Phoenix Audio DRS-8 MK2

I'm going to get another one.
The DRS8 MK2 is supreme now in my rack.
I was looking for the best 8 channels of Class A action that could be found. I found it. It sucks so much less to be me now.
There are great preamps out there, and this stands next to any and all of them as at least their equal. Try and prove me wrong, you will prove me right. Glorious simplicity, genius engineering, peerless workmanship.

Inputs Connections: Combo XLR/1/4" switched jack sockets on rear panel.
Outputs connections: XLR's on rear panel
- 25 pin "D" style connector on rear panel
Gain range: (Mic input)-30 to -70 in 5db steps with 10db more available on the fader.
Gain Meter: LED Metering. 5 LED Meter on each channel (with hysteresis).
Each channel has 48v phantom power, -15db pad switch, high pass filter, phase reverse and mute.
Transformer balanced output on each channel, driven by Phoenix Audio Class A DSOP-2 fully discrete output stage.
19" rack mount requires two rack spaces.

It is lots of fun to use, offers a mass of tonal range, it never clicks, pops or farts. The price per channel, considering the quality, is the best deal I could have hoped to find. Even I, a lazy idiot, who is rubbish at and despises mixing can achieve with one. This is raw, you'll judge me. https://youtu.be/NN1a_-fH9Yc