The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core

4.85 4.85 out of 5, based on 5 Reviews

A new product from Antelope, the Zen Tour Synergy Core is an interface with tonnes of processing power, tonnes of connectivity, tonnes of features and comes with not one but two FPGAs for in-situ DSP, and to top it off a bundle of top class plugins.

1st August 2020

Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core by The Knack

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

Okay, so I started out with a Digi 008 years ago running through a Soundcraft desk, and it sounded great. The 008 died on me and I was skint so I got an Apogee Duet (mk 1), which I used for years which also sounded great. Then, due to being even more skint, and computer and connection issues I moved over to an Audient iD14, which, whilst not having the resolution of the two previous interfaces, had an amazing warmth and vibe. Then my computer died and my world fell apart for almost a year. Just recently I got my hands on some money, did a shed load of research, got a MacBook Pro, Sennheiser HD 800s and the Zen Tour Energy Core. I have to say I am STUNNED by the quality of the Antelope interface!!! The resolution is smooth, honest to a tee and and extremely refined. My Old Genelecs have been given a new lease of life, and in all honesty I don't think I realised how excellent they were until now.
I've literally only just got the unit, so I've yet to try the preamps, but if they are the same quality as the converters they are going to be AMAZING!!
The bundles plugins (38 of them I think!) are as good as you can get. Seriously, they weigh in against the likes of Waves and Slate et cetera.
The unit is stable and very convenient and easy to use, the company seems to have a passion for their products and I am WOWED by my purchase. NO BRAINER!.

28th August 2020

Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core by Struna

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5

I did an upgrade from the previous version ZT to the ZT SC and I must admit that I was blown away how much more amazing FPGA plugins I can use in a single session. The unit is very good build, Apple style. True, I am using A/B speakers and this was no problem in the first version, since there ware two main outputs ... the new has a single (better) one. But I own also a D-sub cable and have additional outputs available, so my B speakers (Avantone) are connected to line outputs ... It would be great to make a software adjustment so I could use the Antelope button to switch between the speakers (main one and Line Out) as in the old unit. I am using the AFX2DAW native bridge and also the Edge Solo mike with all the emulation of the well known large diaphragm microphones (iLok3 key needed).

Bottom line, the unit is amazing. Especially the deal with the upgrade from the old unit to the new SC model and Edge solo mike. The software is running stable - i am using TB3 connectivity with my Macbook pro 16 over USB-C (the TB3 cabel is not included, so you have to buy it separately).

Thx Antelope for making such a great product! jummp p

4 weeks ago

Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core by Sabiah

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

Recently bought my Zen Tour and I am quite impressed with the variety of possibilities it brought to my recording sessions.

I am getting amazing sound, specially on guitars. The stunning amplifier emulations allow me working on my ideas overnight without necessity to turn on my Mesa Boogie. Neighbors must be glad now !

Also recorded drums using the 4 preamps and the result was incredible!

3 weeks ago

Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core by Chudy

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5

I have been using this audio interface for two weeks, replacing my old Apogee Ensemble firewire. I bought it new in Argentina with an incredible promotion, Zen + Solo edge mic + free plugins. I am totally delighted with this hardware upgrade. First I want to tell you that Antelope's attention is incredible, every email sent has been answered in a clear and kind way, and they are extremely generous with regard to the time they take and the plugins.
I was thinking of moving from Apogee to UAD ... thank goodness I finally chose Antelope despite the bad reviews I found here on GS. First I want to tell you that the Edge solo mic is incredible, I have in my studio some of the microphones that this mic emulates in conjunction with the software it brings, and it is really shocking how close the emulations are, think that this microphone, this interface and some headphones fit in a little backpack, and you're basically wearing a whole looker of microphones, hardware emulation plugins... it's amazing!
The internal matrix of the Zen Tour is a dream, you can basically route one input (mic 1) to 24 different inputs in your DAW (in USB mode), with different effects per DSP each, a dream come true for a production studio. The touch screen gives you a creative speed, difficult to achieve with other hardware, (you can recall channels and plugins configurations with 5 diferent presets). The preamps are excellent, the plugins are incredible, and many (almost all) you get it for free buying a new interface (hello UAD :-)) And finally, the ADDA conversion of this interface is fabulous, superior to Apogee ensemble and duet, I even like it better than the Lynx aurora that I use often. It's a beautiful monitor control with a BIG beautiful steaped Knob and a HUGE processing potential, amazing plug-ins, mic emulations, clean supreme converters, fabulous audio output (130DB). My PMCs are happier than ever. If you are looking for a super combo, of HI quality and stability, a portable studio ready to make music, do not hesitate, Zen Tour Synergy Core is what you are looking for.

2 weeks ago

Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core by Dtekt

• Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

Hi Everybody,

Bought Antelope and have been using now for 2 Weeks. Using a Macbook pro and USB i find the driver to be stable considering this is an issue that has been pointed out to be a major issue. Starting up the setup takes longer than other devices however its part of the user experience . The device is well build and the touchscreen is actually pretty responsive.
Learning the routing matrix might be difficult at first but can be a super useful tool if you get it down. The plug-ins are great and the bundle you get for free is pretty good, but instead of loads of guitar amps i would rather want more pre-amps´and maybe delays or reverbs as im not a guitarist. The sound is amazing, the low end sit nicely and everything is clear which helps with mixing. The re-amps are actually fun to use and it helps you being creative. I use it to route to my sans-amp and just for fun send everything to it. A power button would be handy as im scared leaving it plugged in. No thunderbolt cable included and would be nice to have a case for the Zen. The constumer service responds fast, no issue there. If you dont have gear or vocals to record, this device might be overkill.

Pro: Sound, Routing capabilities, Re-amp (trick: instead of afx2daw you can rerecord with the plug-ins)

Cons: no power switch ( you either press power off on touchscreen or the computer tool) Fx bundle is focused on guitarist . Starting up

Happy producing everybody