The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ashun Sound Machines HYDRASYNTH Keyboard

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A newcomer to disrupt the norm. Top notch features, incredibly deep, expanding abilities via firmware updates, active and ongoing community feedback, devoted design team, sounds you haven't heard before. These are just a few of the reasons why Hydrasynth stands apart from an otherwise crowded market

8th July 2020

Ashun Sound Machines HYDRASYNTH Keyboard by JimmyLoops

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

Enjoy the 1 hour special presentation from MajorOSC.

A Quick intro:
Hydrasynth, if remembered for just one thing, will be that it brought polyphonic aftertouch (using full sized keys) back to the masses. But from what I've experienced so far in the 9 months of ownership, there's so much more to this synthesizer. So what makes Hydrasynth worth its pricetag? Is it a good value for you? That answer is complicated. Grab a drink and make yourself comfortable for this hour long presentation from MajorOSC. You're about hear the Hydrasynth like you've never heard it before.

A quick note from MajorOSC, regarding the review format:
This is not your typical review. Unlike many youtube channels who've already done reviews for Hydrasynth, I do not discuss every feature. I do not give you a tutorial of how every part works. I don't put things neatly into a column of sub-categories, or read off a press release pamphlet. I am not an affiliate.
What this review does do, is it provides you a much better contextual understanding of the hardware, in relation to its competition, and in regards to the various music genres it is suited for.

And best of all, the examples and demos throughout the review are from MajorOSC's Ignition Patch Banks, both 1 and 2.
If and when the Hydrasynth receives another Firmware update, this review will be updated.