The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HoRNet TrackShaper

HoRNet TrackShaper

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

various instrument targeted profiles for automated gain, compression and eq ( single dial intensity) <$15

3rd June 2020

HoRNet TrackShaper by snogroove

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
HoRNet TrackShaper

As a bedroom producer with limited funds and talent, I'm really chuffed on Hornet products, indie company in Italy, this guy is a genius, has about thirty products, and no copy protection.

This one has
--various instrument targeted profiles for
automated gain, compression and eq ( single dial intensity)
--Ridiculous price now on sale for another couple days
-- NO COPY PROTECTION
-- Price under $15

This plugin quickly gets you 85% of the way to an acceptable levels of gain, eq , and compression in under 5 seconds. The single intensity control increase compression and adds some highs for voice, the only thing I've tried it on so far, but the level management alone makes it work great.

There are about 10 customized profiles for drums, voice, etc

Having just spent a week trying to get an old guard vendor to grant me another "authorization" I've had it with paranoid copy protection schemes when there are newer developers like Hornet that are getting prices below $30--

You can just try the demos, take the risk and buy it, knowing you won't have to deal with the CIA-style ilok. If you use it two or three times you won, if you use it 500x you've really been blessed.

I think the vendors might be better off too because if they set the price at 1/4 old-school and sell 5x as many they obviously win.

I only gave 4 stars on sound quality because the variability is limited, but with a V2 with some more customization this could be an unbelievably versatile time-saver for people working alone with limited resources and even for higher level folks.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search