The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic TC1210-DT

TC Electronic TC1210-DT

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The TC Electronic TC1210-DT stereo expander delivers the sound of the TC 1210 Spatial Expander + Stereo Chorus Flanger in a convenient and cost-effective plug-in with a dedicated hardware controller.

30th May 2020

TC Electronic TC1210-DT by mikesc

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
TC Electronic TC1210-DT

Those seeking to replicate the sound of the original TC1210 rack unit in a Desktop Plug-in will likely be very happy to have this unit.

For me, who likes to have multiple options for spatial doubling effects, this was another good plugin to add to my many with it's own unique take that does sound good and stands equal but different with many others, but not better to me coming down to a matter of sonic taste to the user then.

While some users may love the desktop controller unit of the plugin, I would probably fall into the category of finding it unnecessary and more clutter attached on my desk to my USB hub since you can change all of the settings with your mouse in the computer/DAW without the HW controller.

The hardware part then likely raises the retail cost of the good sounding unit but makes this less bang for the buck unless having the hardware controller is important to you. My guess is most who are already used to working plugin settings in the box would likely feel the same.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search