The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio SA76 ADF

Stam Audio SA76 ADF

5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Excellent piece of gear! It’s 3 of the best compressors in one solid unit.

26th May 2020

Stam Audio SA76 ADF by BennyDigitale

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA76 ADF

Before I get into any of the technical stuff I’ll mention that this is not my first piece of Stam gear. I also own an SA-4000+ and have been incredibly happy with it. Next I’ll address the time it took to get the unit. I ordered the SA-76 ADF the day it was mentioned in May 2018. I was aware that it would be a bit of a wait but didn’t expect it to take 2 years. HOWEVER, I can tell you that it was worth the wait! The amount of detail that went into making this unit a true duplicate of the 1176 Rev A, D, and F really shows.

Aesthetically the unit is beautiful! Easy to read knobs, buttons, and meter. The ratios of 2, 4, 8, 20 have a big range of uses but the added 2 is a big plus. When looking at the attack, you get the standard range BUT if you pull the knob you get the added Super Slow Attack!

First test I ran was on male vocals. Using various settings on ratios and attack/release times this is what I found. Rev A was bit on the warm side. Rev D was a crisper sound while Rev F was a nice balance of both! After many different listens I favored the F with the D coming in second on these particular vocals.

Next I tested the unit on a drum bus. What I found here was that Rev A seems to tame the lows a bit a bit while letting the snare really snap! Nice warm sound to it. The Rev D was a brighter and fave you really crisp shots. Love the Rev D on this particular drum bus! Rev F was once again a very nice balance of warmth and brightness with a very clean sound. Different situations will call for different Revisions but it’s all there!!

Overall, I find that the ADF will get a wide variety of uses for me and look forward to lots of years to play with this amazing piece of equipment! Thanks Stam Audio!

2nd July 2020

Stam Audio SA76 ADF by skav

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA76 ADF

I saw so few reviews on this one and felt an obligation to write a few words.

First impressions:

Solid build. Feels right. Looks great.
The output knob is a little bit more loose than input knob, but honestly that does not matter at all.

Sound:

Running audio through it and simply switching through the three available revision options was an eye(ear?) opener. A, D and F sound very different. A and D have very appealing musical characters while F is more 'clean' sounding. Very versatile unit.

This is among my very best buys. I feel priviliged to have it.

You can be pretty drastic with the settings and it will still sound musical.
I love and use plugins all the time, but I have not been able to receive musical results so fast and easily with digital compressors as I have with this one.

Joshua and his team work hard and sell these units for way less than they sound and feel like. I know of no other manifacturer in this industry that does this.

It's fantastic.

I wish the Stam Audio team plenty blessings and growth in the time forward.

Here is a simple demo video I did (REV A) :

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search