Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by Namarco

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core

Hello everyone,
I purchased an Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core about a month ago and immediately I was able to see its strengths and weaknesses.
Aesthetically beautiful and solid. Equipped with 4 comfortable front doors and as many 8 on the rear, 2 headphones outputs and 2 front reamp outputs.
The sound is very clean and transparent and the AD / DA conversion is very precise. Antelope plugins give an extra touch to the sound that passes through it appreciably even from very low latency.
A very interesting and high quality interface.
The only drawback is the connection management software that is not immediately understandable and easy to use, therefore certainly to be improved at least in a Windows environment.

27th June 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by Nightshiftbeatz

• Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

This audio interface was bought for use in a small home studio. It features multiple input & output options, which makes it really useful to connect with other devices.
The audio quality is pristine, 100% high end, and the FPGA FX are surprisingly cheap and awesome.
I use it with a 2019 macbook pro retina and the drivers are fully stable.Connected with a thunderbolt 3, it gives 32 audio channels to/from the computer.
Another key element of the package is the Control Panel software, and it is important to note that this is crucial to realising the potential provide by the impressive hardware features.
It seems that there will be even more FPGA FX from third parties in the future, so I'm looking forward to it.
In conclusion, i really enjoy and totally recommend this audio interface!

Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core-preview.jpg  
29th June 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by studiorecording

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core:

In completing a New Build and update of our Studio we chose the Orion Studio SC.

The Sound Quality is excellent and the Mic/Line preamps' are Warm and Accurate.

Having used most of the Plugin Manufacturers we find the Phase Linearity close to the Analog Counterparts in the Studio SC. So this allows us to use out board AFX without loading the CPU...

I think we are all aware of the Clocking attributes of the Antelope and is built in.

We had multiple interfaces merged together and with the Studio SC and an Orion Studio 32+ we have replaced our interfaces completely.

PS: The technical support has been excellent, not that we have needed much.

13th July 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by TheToneShoppe

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

Been an antelope user for a long time. If there is anything I can say, the antelope conversion is fantastic sounding. Latency with Mac os is great as well. I'll keep using until I can't!

I don't use the antelope plug-ins as much as I probably should but when I do use them, they do a very good job of reproducing the the hardware they are trying to emulate.

21st July 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by Progear

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

Great sounding unit & love all the features. when I got the unit I had some trouble registering the unit, it was completely my own fault. Called customer support and while waiting for a call back I ended up figuring it out myself, tech support called back within 15 mins, great response time. The unit has a beautiful dimension that is deep and musical. It took me about a week to wrap my head around the routing matrix, but once I did it all made sense and is very powerful. Im having any issue with DAW2fx plugin having pop, cracks and stutter audio issues, I called support and they tried to help, but it seems its a programming issue which I hope there are working on. All in all wonder sounding, built really well, with some minor programming issues.

25th August 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by Molin

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

I have owned an Apollo Original Silver Firewire Rack Interface for 9 years. Love Universal Audio and their products. When I recently decided to do an upgrade it was going to be the Apollo X4. Since it had pretty much the same amount of Inputs , Headphone jacks etc. And since the Apollo X8 Rack was almost 1000 bucks more for the same amount of preamps. I purchased the X4 and loved it. Loved Luna as well but was always curious about Antelope products. I kept hearing about how good their clock was and the sound quality. So when I heard about the Orion Synergy Core that had 12 mic pres and all the bells and whistles (free microphones with promotion) and about 700 bucks cheaper than the Apollo X8P I had to try it out. I was blown away by the sound of this beast. It's like someone opened up a door. The spacial imaging, clarity and detail. The only way to compare any products is to have both in your work space. And time to use them. The sound difference for me was not subtle. I really recommend people to do that. My local music store let me try both for a month. They were amazing!

I had a very hard time deciding what to keep. I was married to Universal Audio but how could I deny that Antelope sound. So I went with them. Hardest decision but best decision! Who says I can't use UA plugins still right.
There was a learning curve with their Control Panel but when you finally understand how it works you see how much you can do with it. The routing is insane. People who work in studios will learn quicker because it really is like a digital patch bay. There were some hiccups when trying to get some things to work. But the hiccups were mostly user error. So far everything is running smoothly. No unison like UA but the plugins sound great for what I have tried.
My wish is for Reverbs so let's hope they are working on that.

I really recommend people interested to get these interfaces into their workspace to test. Its the only way to hear the truth.

Cheers

22nd October 2020

Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core by Jfilter

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

Just recently upgraded my studio to The Antelope Studio Synergy Core. This interface is from another planet. The quality of the sound that you hear is crystal clear. This conversion is at a level that I have to get adjusted to. The clarity of the sound is new and reveals details in old recordings that were hidden. Reverbs tails and transients can be clearly heard. The mic preamps on this unit are clean with loads of headroom. The soundstage is deep and wide. The plugins that come with the unit are on par with UAD, Waves, and others. The power of the processor chips on the unit allow you to add enough plug in instances to do a whole mix with power left over. The software driver has been rock solid on Mac OS. No freezes, noise, or sound bursts. The only reason I gave a 4 of Ease of Use, is the lack of detailed instructions provided for the Control Panel Routing. I was able to figure it out, and it works great. But this is not just a good piece of a equipment, it is a great piece of equipment. More detailed instructions on the routing allows the user to get to the business of recording much sooner. That being said, you can easily produce release ready recordings. I will definitely recommend this interface. It will allow your home studio to compete with the big boys !

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search