The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core

Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core

4.9 4.9 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Antelope's Discrete 8 Synergy Core is absolutely a must for audio professionals! The interface boasts the most premium quality converters and preamps, ease of use and setup. Superior clocking as well as DSP powered plugins and optional AFX2DAW.

8th February 2020

Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core by BcMusic615

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

I recently purchased the Discrete 8 Synergy Core from Vintage King for my professional home studio. For many years I have used MOTU's 828 mk3 hybrid and wanted something with better clocking and higher quality converters. Upon installation, I was truly blown away by the sound quality! Setup was quick and easy and I was up and running in no time. The preamps sound beautiful and the build quality is rugged and total pro! My mixes have never sounded better! The Discrete 8 also has DSP powered plugins and microphone modeling with a plethora of the finest models of the most sought after mic preamps, compressors, eq's and more, freeing up your computer's processing power. They sound GREAT!

I had a minor issue that I needed to contact customer support and they were courteous and friendly and completely resolved my issue.

As a music professional I rely on quality gear to make a living and Antelope Audio is my choice from here on. The quality is incredible and you can find any system they offer to suit your needs. I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase!

8th June 2020

Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core by rodrigov13

• Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

I purchased this interface for my project studio a couple months ago and its worth every penny. I have used Focusrite, Universal Audio and Avid. In terms of sound detail and quality this is the best interface I've owned. The preamps sound amazing too. And combined with the Verge Microphones, recording guitars and overheads in stereo is amazing. The stereo image is outstanding.

I took a star from ease of use because it took some time to register the interface and learn how to use the software. But once you get it, it has endless options of routing.

Also, mixing with the AFX is a great experience. They sound really good.

Hoping to get another interface from Antelope to have at home.

12th June 2020

Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core by KBMex

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

Antelope happy user!! Very happy with my Discrete 8 Synergy Core! The sound of the preamps and the converters are superb. I use to record with the Orion 32 Gen 3 (i love the sound of the converters) and i use the D8 SC just for mixing with their plugins, what a great value. I’m running it on an IMAC via Thunderbolt 2 with no noticeable latency. This interface is a game changer for me. Thanks Antelope!!!

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search