1 week ago

Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC by bace

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC

First: I have never used the real console.

This plugin is in a series of console emulations. I already have Waves SSL emulations so this covers a "new base". It has the usual stuff for channels. Eq and Compression. The original hardware is famous for its Rupert Neve designed EQ's. I have not get that impressed by this EQ, nothing about it. I still pick FabFilter any day before this. However it is convenient for the compressor to have quick access to a EQ so it has some function. The compressor is more impressive. Easy to get my guitars as I want it, I can have more compression than I usually can with plugins without it feels bad. The distortion on this is also very nice since it very tinny but still noticeable. On the analogue emulation it has feature where it has different analogue difference for both left/right and if you have many channels they can also be different. Subtle, but when it adds up it make it more analogue.

In a DAW.
I use Cubase, and this plugin really shine with it's VST3 implementation. They got it right with integration with hardware controllers and automation. Many vendors does not even have VST3, and VST3 versions from Sonnox, and Waves is not right regarding this, and other totally fails like izotpe and Softube. Brainworx is right; they are in the top league with Fabfilter. I also have some freebies from Plugin Allians that also distribute Branworx, and they all got VST3 right so I will look more in to this vendor.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search