5 days ago

Waves Abbey Road Collection by bace

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.5
Waves Abbey Road Collection

This collection is not a bundle in the same sense that other waves bundles. You do not get updates to the bundle if you are on a paid update plan you do not get the new additions as you do with the other bundles. This bundle has span from older and the latest. I use version 11 of waves and use it with cubase10.[05] so it is about VST version. Waves uses VST version 3.6.9 witch is much more updated than many other vendors. This gives better performance and sample accurate automation that you do not get with the obsoleted VST2.4 that many other vendors still use.

How ever they don't fully follow the SDK guidelines how a VST plugin should operate. Unfortunately this make functions like Quick Connect to be non full functional in cubase.

This collection contains of 11 plugins. (I have 10 since the latest is not included) I use three of them. Chambers. Reverb Plates and TG Mastering Chain. The other one is older stuff and is mostly a filler to the collection. They got there for their sound. I much prefer GUI's like the ones provided by Fabfilter. If you dont have other analog emulations of eq's tapes etc this Collection cover a lot in that segment and can be a inspiration. But now magic and require a lot of work to get there. I think I got for U$164 and the reverbs make it worth it. But it would be good if they gave the cubase users some attention.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search