The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio SA4000 MK2

Stam Audio SA4000 MK2

5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Introducing the new stam audio SA 4000 MK2 Analogue VCA stereo buss compressor featuring Treshhold, Ratio, Attak, Release, Makeup, HPF and mix blend with optional API or NEVE modifications.

2 weeks ago

Stam Audio SA4000 MK2 by roots

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA4000 MK2

In a world of so many SSL 4000 clones its not an easy task to choose wich one to invest in. I chose to go with the stam audio SA 4000 MK2 VCA stereo buss compressor
I purchased the mk1 in 2017 and was very happy with it but always felt it could have been even better fitted with a HPF, Low and behold they did just that and what’s more they added a mix blend knob.

This is a very versatile VCA compressor with smooth characteristics, it can be used in all studio applications, to sweeten vocals or sit on your 2 buss and add glue on your mix wich is where the HPF kicks in to hold the high without pumping the low end. The mix blend feature serves to feed just the right amount of effect you need between wet and dry (parallel compression), it’s a good candidate to feature in any mastering chain.

This unit can be purchased with or without API or neve transformer mods, I purchased mine without but will certainly be upgrading very soon. After doing several test I conclude that this compressor is a work of art and excellent value at $790 preorder and $890 stock price $200 dollars for the mod version. Stam, your on to a winner here.

Last edited by roots; 2 weeks ago at 12:26 PM..

1 week ago

Stam Audio SA4000 MK2 by nuendo222

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA4000 MK2

Josh and his team were awesome. I ordered my unit on Wednesday and it shipped the following Tuesday. They were also very kind and informative when I had questions. My SA4000 arrived and it took me a couple days before I had time to get it in my rack. But Holy Crap I used it tracking a drum room pair with it, i now see why people love these units.. Cant wait to strap it on my mix bus!!!
Great People, Great Product!!
RC

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search