3 weeks ago

ADAM Audio T7V by TheLegionOfDecency

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
ADAM Audio T7V

So, here is what I care about in a review of audio gear. What does the end result sound like?

My band's song, Deep Lines Among the Shallows, was mixed using Adam Audio's T7V monitors.

Was Adam Audio's T7V the singular reason it sounds as good as it does? Of Course not. Were they the only monitors used in mixing? Of course not.

However, they were the primary mixing starting point because in reference, they were the flattest of my monitors.

They also sound great at "my wife is home levels" as well as at "who needs these pictures on the wall" levels.

What I noticed is that they tend to replicate what I am hearing in earbuds, closed headphones, car and even a Bose speaker. Yes, I like to monitor on a lot of devices. Do you know any normal music fans, besides geeks in here, that are listening to music on studio monitors?

Any wishes? I would love to see a light on the front that indicated they are on. Obviously a bit nitpicky since if sound is coming out, they are probably on. I'm also interested in their T10S subwoofer to get additional control of low end. While these Adam Audio T7V's have the 7” woofer that "provides bass extension down to 39 Hz" I am still feeling like some bass transients are getting away from me. I don't think this is all on the monitors though. My room is not acoustically dialed in because...well I'm not rich...

Anyway, these speakers are highly recommended from a guy who has been a trench dwelling engineer for a long time. I've used NS-10s, Genelecs, Auratones and every other standard studio monitor costing much more. These are reasonably priced and flat.

The sounds don't lie. Let me know what you think you Slutz...

The Legion of Decency

Attached Thumbnails
ADAM Audio T7V-aa-t7v2.jpg  
Attached Files

Deep-Lines-Among-The-Shallows.mp3 (4.97 MB, 465 views)

Last edited by TheLegionOfDecency; 3 weeks ago at 07:52 PM..

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search