The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonic Farm 2DI4 Pentode Direct Box

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Fantastic DI Bass sound. I used the Pentode mode on a stand up double bas, line out. Unbelievable. The bass player couldn't stop talking about it. Best sound he's ever had.

26th September 2019

Sonic Farm 2DI4 Pentode Direct Box by bfish

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

It's so nice to be able to feed the amp, take a line or DI signal out and just dialed in perfectly. I used a bit of the room mics on the final mix, but the line level out was about all I needed. The sample is just the line level pentode out directly into Pro Tools through my UA apollo line input.

Attached Files

Bass.09_15-11.wav (1.38 MB, 509 views)

13th September 2020

Sonic Farm 2DI4 Pentode Direct Box by BillHenderson

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I'd never had my beautiful 67' Hummingbird (spruce top, maple sides and back) sound like itself onstage until 6 years ago I tried a Sonic Farms 2DI4 in soundcheck. After trying some of the many sonic options on the front panel we found the best for my guitar and the way I play and all the reasons I love that guitar started coming through my monitor!! Felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. I had used many different DIs over the years but the Sonic Farms unit left them totally in the dust.

Later in the studio I realized that there are several ways to output simultaneously from this DI. Use them all, add in your favorite mic, route each to it's own track, adjust to taste and you've got a sound that'll really do your guitar justice. I highly recommend this DI.