The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A

Stam Audio SA-EQP1A

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Excellent Pultec style EQ, the SA-EQP1A made by Stam Audio, and it has the MEQ-5 style midrange within the same unit. What more can you ask for in this price range;)

2 weeks ago

Stam Audio SA-EQP1A by Bfz

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A

I recently got a pair of Stam EQP1 pultecs and I thought I would do a shootout between the Stam Audio, and plugins like Waves and UAD style Pultecs. Reason I did it with virtual plugins is because that's what I have been using for years, and I thought the Stam would be a good stepping point for engineers who do not have the hardware to step and get this baby or 2 of them

I matched all the levels so you can compare and most importantly I matched all the settings to be as close as possible to the Stam unit blew all them away!

Conclusion:

They all had variances in tone. But there is nothing like going through a real hardware unit, don’t get me wrong all my albums I have mixed itb using UAD and Waves plugins and I got great results, but I always knew I wanted that depth and clarity which frankly I got in the Stam.

The bottom end on the Stam, was tight and punchy (no flubber) and what a sexy unit! The high end was silky and smooth with a nice vibe, it was so pleasant to the ears. Yes do believe the Hype, Stam stands up like a champion and most importantly I love what Joshua stands for in the market, these units were made with heart & soul, you can feel it. And for this price, its a no brainer.

The mid eq addition is brilliant, smart move Mr Stam

They will be my go to units on my stereo bus, drum bus and as mono eq's in the mix.

Do yourself a favour and get it, you will not regret it.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Stam Audio SA-EQP1A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search