28th August 2019

Behringer U-Phoria UM2 by Hammer v2

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 1 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 1.5
Behringer U-Phoria UM2

I knew this thing was going to be crap when I bought it. That was kinda the plan. I was going on a holiday to a rougher part of the planet and wanted something cheap and plastic that wouldn't add much weight to the luggage or cause any tears should the whole rig go missing.

The UM2 seemed perfect! Cheap, light and with a nice headphone amp. All I needed to do was editing on headphones...so no need for great latency or amazing sound quality.

BUT..

There is a major show-stopping problem with the included ASIO drivers....there are none. Instead you're told to download and run ASIO4ALL....

So the first thing I did was scour around the internet and discovered that there are indeed some available drivers but they are a mess and well, I can see why Behringer wants you to use ASIO4ALL...

So In a word...It's kinda useless for anything that uses ASIO. At least on PC. (If someone has had the honour of using this on a mac, please chime in!)

If all you need are basic Windows drivers then it does indeed work as it says on the box with commensurate sound quality to the price you pay (Not much).

But for anything that requires ASIO..forget it. Life is too short. Spend the extra coin and get something that works.

Last edited by Hammer v2; 31st August 2019 at 05:32 PM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Behringer U-Phoria UM2
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search