The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WeissKlang V17

WeissKlang V17

5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

I would say that for folk/rock vocal arrangements this mic is absolutely wonderful. It’s a keeper for me and probably I will never sell it.

8th August 2019

WeissKlang V17 by mamabuna

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
WeissKlang V17

WeissKlang V17

This is one mic to rule the other ones. I ‘s fairly light in weight but it does look like they used high quality materials. I have compared this mic against Aston Origin, TLM 102 and Avantone BV-1 (tube).
the
Tested for vocals and acoustic guitar.
Generally speaking the sound is what I wanted: warm and sweet, true to its source. It did a nice job on the guitar and it was even more pleasing on the male vocals ( not tested for female vocals). Is sits well in the mix with little or no EQ required. There is no harshness and it does have a certain warmth, a certain pleasing character, hard to explain but I never hesitate to use it. Aston and TLM 102 are good microphones as well, but to be honest I have not used them since I have the WEissKlang V17. It just flattens my vocal in the right way. Once printed the vocal is there with its own right weight. The proximity effect is not pronounced like the TLM 102 which I really really like. Also, is not pushing the mids as the Aston , again something that I really enjoy. Next to the Avantone BV-1 , well this is a tube mic and it’s hard to beat but after doing some in depth comparations I found that the WeissKlang is holding its character quite well, especially when coupled with Great River preamp. This combination just make the WeissKlang to sound bigger and silky, just as much as the Avantone.
I would say that for folk/rock vocal arrangements this mic is absolutely wonderful. It’s a keeper for me and probably I will never sell it.

9th October 2019

WeissKlang V17 by 67mike

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
WeissKlang V17

I have wanted to write a review of the Weissklang V17 LDC microphone for some time now.

I am a home studio user who uses the mic to record vocals. Namely a Stellar Female Mezzo Soprano who is a performer and songwriter in the Pop/Jazz/indie Pop/Country and Ballad styles. I also record some Male vocals on her bandmates. Also, I will be recording a Bluegrass band in a few weeks.

I have had some lower end mics starting with a AT2020, then a Shure SM27 (new version of KSM27) then a new Rode NT1. I asked on here for suggestions for a GOOD affordable mic to record with. A very knowledgeable man who works in the Broadcast industry suggested I try out a Weissklang. He has a locker that features the biggest names in iconic microphones, and he said the Weissklang hangs with the best he has.

Based on this: I took a chance and bought the V17 microphone for a very reasonable cost (around $700 Canadian with shipping and taxes). These microphones are Made in Germany, and the company has been very excellent to deal with in terms of customer support.

All I can say is I am BLOWN away by this V17 mic! Incredible, incredible, incredible! This mic flat-out WORKS! Very quiet, very smooth and not brash or harsh at all. It is clear and accurate. It is heads and shoulders above the Rode and Shure mics that I had. It does not have any bells or whistles....no fancy switches or buttons......just a very solid and well made mic that performs amazingly well.

Our Producer was absolutely floored with the quality vocals I sent him with the Weissklang V17. Seriously, this is a Mic that I will NEVER part with!

If you are looking for an LDC studio mic that is very affordable and performs absolutely STELLAR, do yourself a big favour and buy a Weissklang!

PS: The gentleman I bought the V17 from (Daryle at Archtop Studios) called me up and I ended up buying the V13 microphone from him as well (I was so impressed with the V17....I figured I may as well grab the V13 as well).......This is a LINEAR microphone that is absolutely flat in response (the V17 has a bit of a lift). The V13 has software that you download and can use with any DAW.....it allows you to change how the microphone sounds....ie/ tube, classic, modern, etc... I have recorded a few tracks using the V13 and the Klangformer software....it is awesome!!! Very cool how you can change up how the mic sounds to fit the genre/song. Love it!!!!

So, like I say, these Weissklang Mics: V13 and V17 are keepers that I will not part with. They are very very high quality hand made in Germany. VERY affordable and exceptional performance.

Attached Thumbnails
WeissKlang V17-20191007_120737.jpg   WeissKlang V17-20191007_120625.jpg  

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search