12th July 2019

iSK Pro Audio BM-600 by Dohreetoh

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
iSK Pro Audio BM-600

The iSK BM-600 is a very inexpensive condenser microphone. It's a multipattern (Cardioid, Fig 8, Omni) large diaphragm FET condenser microphone. It's pretty similar to the MXL V67G and AKG Perception mics in that it uses a K67 capsule and a 220 pF capacitor for the high frequency attenuation. It also has a transformer (generic Chinese one I think), but it's actually got pretty low self noise for such a cheap mic, and it uses a lot of high quality film capacitors (if you're one of those people who needs the slight difference that offers). It also comes with a shock mount, very thick windscreen (one of the best included ones I've seen), and a metal flight case. I thought it sounded pretty accurate and natural on my voice (it's not really a character mic, so don't expect a big beefy low end and scooped mids), so you could make some very high quality (dare I say professional?) recordings with it easily provided you have a proper environment. It's no U87, but it's definitely a completely usable mic, especially at $100. Even if it were only single pattern I still think it would be a good deal (though I'd grab a 3U Audio CM1 instead) but it has a high pass filter, pad, and of course the three polar patterns I mentioned, and there are a lot of worse sounding mics at this price (and higher!) that don't even have an HPF or any options.

If you can afford much better mics, I'd grab those, (I wouldn't pick the BM-600 over my AT4050s) but if your budget is $250 or less the BM-600 is a steal. I think it's much better than a lot of cheap mics from bigger manufacturers (here's looking at you, Blue).

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... iSK Pro Audio BM-600
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search