The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Advanced Audio Microphones CM67se

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Such a sleeper, world class microphone, based off of the Neumann u67, with updated specs.

1 week ago

Advanced Audio Microphones CM67se by hellohead

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

Hi,

First of all, I am not affiliated with Advanced Audio and I don't know the owner.

I've been using a c800g for 7-8 years now and I wanted a different microphone for my own vocals. I decided to go for the cm67se based off of videos online, and I don't regret it! the cm67se stands head to head with the c800g in so many ways. It's an easy mic to record vocals with (unlike the c800g) and it takes EQ, compression and De-essing amazingly well.

I have used a u67 in the past, and it sounded great, this one reminds me of a u67 I used in Santa Monica a few years ago, with a few exceptions: It's a bit brighter that the u67, it's made with new parts, and it doesn't cost 20k cad to buy. At 895 usd, it's a bargain!

I find Advanced Audio doesn't get advertised much on here, and the fact that it's from a separate audio site, outside of Long Mcquade and Economik in Canada, that people might not be tempted to buy them. All I can say is, I've used a ton of expensive mics, and for the price and the quality, the AA mics are the best that I've ever heard. I'm now wondering how good the cm800t is compared to my c800g, and if in fact it might sound better. I will be ordering a few more of his mics, including the cm49 and 251 possibly. I run mine into a Chandler Redd and Tubetech Cl1b, then Burl B1 converter, amazing amazing amazing, world class I tell you. Go buy one, it'll be the last vocal mic you'll ever need.

The sound is really gooey and 3d, with a slight top end and solid bottom, very easy to EQ in a DAW, very easy to compress. I am so impressed, especially at that price. He could sell them for 3k minimum if he wanted. Go buy one!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Advanced Audio Microphones CM67se
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search