The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pedal Python Pedal Python

Pedal Python Pedalboard Snake

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Simple way to de-clutter your cable mess and avoid tripping on stage.

2 weeks ago

Pedal Python Pedalboard Snake by mjudge

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Pedal Python Pedal Python

For a long time I ran all my guitar pedals straight into my high gain amplifier. Wanting a better sound from my delay and reverb pedals, I decided to start using the amp's effects loop -- the sound was greatly improved, but with the added cables for the loop's send and return, I found myself with a mess of cable running between my pedalboard and amp. I'm pretty clumsy so the potential for on stage disaster seemed evident.

Googling around I came across Pedal Python. The product seemed simple enough -- a mesh tube to run all my cables through with fasteners to keep them from slipping, that basically condensed them to one big cable. There were several tube lengths to choose from at different prices, and the 20' option seemed right for me at just $26.

Purchase was simple, shipping fast. Setup was fairly easy -- I laid out my cables and mesh tube, measured the length needed and cut the tube. Pedal Python recommends using a hot knife to keep the mesh from fraying. I don't have one so I just used a lighter to clean up the end I cut. Using the supplied velcro ties, I secured the cables together. The most time consuming part was just feeding the cables through the tube, which apparently expands to fit up to six instrument cables and a power cable, if you want to go that route.

One thing to note, Pedal Python's instructions indicate that for every 10' of tube you need, you should leave a couple extra inches for your cut because the tube length actually shrinks as the tube stretches over your cables. In my case the tube I cut seemed to be a little shorter after feeding in my cables than I first calculated, even factoring in their advice. Since you can cut more away if your tube is too long, I suggest erring on that side. In my case it wasn't a problem, the tube still worked for my needs.

After feeding the tube with cables, you just secure the tube with slip-ties at either end. The kit also supplies velcro end pieces with a hole in the center to account for the nub of the slip tie, which is a nice touch.

Finally, the kit includes another velcro strap to keep the python wrapped up. All in all it seems fairly sturdy, folds up neatly, and most importantly, keeps my area of the practice space much tidier than would be the case otherwise. Thumbs up!

Attached Thumbnails
Pedal Python Pedal Python-b1b817cfa26dd940a18b769c9fcf2dd0_tmwy_zvm2.png  

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Pedal Python Pedal Python
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search